Did you know that you can recycle your cooking oil? If you run a restaurant, industrial kitchen or other type of business where cooking oil is used, then you know what a pain it can be to properly dispose of. But putting in the effort to preserve and then recycle your cooking oil is better for the environment—and for you—in the long run.
If you are like many home or business owners, you simply wash your cooking oil away down the drain. But there is a much more responsible and beneficial option! To that end, here are five reasons to consider cooking oil recycling in New Orleans, LA:
- It’s cleaner: Do you currently wash your cooking oil with water down the kitchen sink drain? If so, we’ve got some bad news for you: this method isn’t as safe as you think it is. It’s also not very clean! If you find yourself constantly needing to clear out the kitchen drain, then excess cooking oil may be the culprit. Saving and recycling that oil will eliminate this particular problem.
- Renewable energy: Did you know that cooking oil can be converted to biodiesel? It’s true—and there are companies, like Safeway Used Oil and Grease, that specialize in taking the cooking oil off your hands and doing just that. In a world that is running low on natural resources, renewable energy is a precious commodity, and one that very well may be the future of our society.
- Fewer clogs: A clogged drain can set your business back hours or even days. But did you know that a large number of kitchen sink clogs are caused by a buildup of cooking oil grease? If you want to never have to call in a plumber to deal with a grease clog again, consider cooking oil recycling in New Orleans, LA. Once you start, you will never want to go back to your old ways!
- Create jobs: Here at Safeway Used Oil and Grease, we are proud to employ many people for the important services we provide. When you choose to do business with our company, you are ensuring that our team does not just survive, but thrive. If no businesses hired us for cooking oil recycling, then we wouldn’t be able to employ nearly as many people as we do. Help us make a stronger economy in the area.
- Protect the environment: Do you care about protecting our natural resources and doing your part to lessen your environmental footprint? If so, recycling your cooking oil is an easy and effective way to do so. After all, you were going to need to get rid of your used cooking oil anyway—why not let our team handle it and turn it into renewable energy?
If you would like to learn more about cooking oil recycling in New Orleans, LA, we hope you will get in touch with the team at Safeway Used Oil and Grease. We look forward to working with you to make your business cleaner and more environmentally friendly.
Categorised in: Oil Recycle